Today’s 10 Second Tip will boost your metabolism, cleanse your system, improve your digestion, even make you more appealing to the opposite sex! What is this miracle tip?
[10 Second Tip] Drink a glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice first thing every morning.
We are bombarded with toxins everywhere we go. They’re in the air we breathe, the water we drink, they leach from our cosmetics bottles, and they even line our cans of food.
We couldn’t avoid these toxins if we tried, but we can combat them!
What Makes Lemon Water So Great?
- Lemons are packed with nutrients, including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, citric acid, calcium, bioflavonoids, iron, pectin, magnesium, potassium, limonene, and fiber.
- Lemons are alkalizing for the body
We all know that lemons are packed with vitamins, but alkalizing? I thought lemons were acidic.
It may seem counter-intuitive but once metabolized inside the body lemons are alkaline. The minerals in lemons actually help to alkalize our blood. Most of us eat too many grains and sugars causing our bodies to be acidic. Drinking lemon water reduces overall acidity and draws uric acid from the joints which reduces pain and inflammation, just one of the benefits that we’ll talk about a little further later.
Drinking water first thing has many benefits: fills you up, revs up your metabolism, and keeps you healthy.
Does it matter if it is warm or cold water? Many people find the lemon juice in warm water is easier on their stomach, but there are lots of people who advocate drinking cold water in the morning to boost metabolism. So what should you do? You’ll get a benefit either way so the right way is the way that you’ll keep doing.
I Want To Know More About The Benefits
Ok, here you go.
Lemon Water Will Make You Sexier
- Lemon Water Will Help You Lose Weight: lemons will boost the acidity in your digestive system which helps the body absorb calcium. Calcium is critical to burning fat. Also, the pectin fiber in the peel prevents your stomach from digesting sugars too quickly. (hint: after squeezing the juice out, I throw the lemon in my glass of water – just make sure to wash it first)
- Lemon Water Will Improve Your Skin: since its detoxifying your blood, it will help your skin have a healthy radiant glow.
- Lemon Water Will Freshen Your Breath: if you have a problem with gingivitis, you can try this home remedy. After brushing your teeth to put a protective layers over your enamel, use the lemon water as a mouth rinse. It will kill bacteria, dissolve plaque, and strengthen your gums.
Lemon Water Will Help You Live Longer
- Lemon Water Destroys Malaria: Experiments have found that lemon juice destroys the bacteria of deadly diseases like malaria, cholera, diphtheria, and typhoid.
Lemon Water Will Help You Feel Better
- Lemon Water Aids Digestion: Lemon juice loosens toxins in your digestive tract which aids digestion and it also relieves other symptoms of indigestion such as burping, bloating, and heartburn.
- Lemon Water Keeps You Regular: Warm lemon water stimulates peristalsis – “the waves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keep things moving allowing food to digest properly,” that’s just a much nicer way of putting it than I would have.
- Lemon Water Cleanses Your Urinary Tract: Lemon juice alters the pH of the urinary tract which prevents harmful bacteria from flourishing and it acts as a diuretic which flushes the bacteria out of your system.
- Lemon Water Reduces Inflammation: Inflammation in our bodies is being identified as one of the main causes of many of our health problems. Lemons combat inflammation by turning alkaline once metabolized. If you are looking for other inflammation fighting foods, check out our article talking about fish oil supplements.
- Lemon Water Gives You An Energy Boost: Forget the coffee in the morning, water with lemon juice will give you natural electrolytes rehydrating your without all the side effects of caffeine.
- Lemon Water Provides Cold Relief: Lemon water helps loosen congestions and prevent dehydration.
Lemon Water Will Help You Climb Mount Everest. Seriously!
I saved the best for last. If you click on one link in this article, it should be this one. It tells the story of how Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay finally conquered Everest. With one last push to go to the summit, “While Tenzing made soup, Hillary checked the oxygen. They were short on supply, and would have to survive with only three litres a minute instead of the planned four. With fierce gusts of wind whistling around the mountainside, the two men ate sardines on biscuits, tinned apricots, dates, jam and honey, and drank copious amounts of hot water with lemon to combat the acute effects of dehydration at altitude. ”
Ok, I’m Convinced! So How Much?
That’s going to depend on the size of the lemon and the size of you. If you are 150 pounds and under, shoot for 1 ounce (about half of an average sized lemon), if you are over 150 then go for two ounces. Squeeze into 8 ounces or more of water depending on your taste.
Do I have to use fresh lemons or can I use concentrate? Fresh lemons are better but concentrate is better than none at all.
And if you are using fresh lemons, use organic if possible to avoid excessive pesticides. Also, make sure to wash your lemons to remove insecticides and protective waxes.
Continue the benefits of lemon water all day by drinking a glass at least 10 minutes before any food for the day.